Prana or Chi is our life force. Our life force is intimately entwined with the breath. When we inhale deeply, we are taking in the vital energy we need to exist. The expansion of the breath is the expansion of our life force.
Our sexual energy is synonymous with prana. When we practice focused breathwork, we can energise our sexual organs with our prana, and replenish our sexual energies.
Try the following asanas very slowly and mindfully. Breath into the part of your body that you are focusing on and feel the movement of the breath within you.
Half Lotus Breathwork.
- Sit in half lotus with the sit bones fully grounded and lift tall through the spine. Now relax your shoulders and your hips without losing the length in your spine or your grounding through the sit bones.
- Focus on your root chakra or perineum. As you start to inhale gently draw up mula bandha (your pelvic floor), then as the inhalation continues draw uddiyana bandha ( your navel) gently upwards, and allow your ribs to expand laterally with the breath, feel it all the way up to the throat (jalahandra bandha), and to the crown.
- Exhale very slowly feeling your weight come back into your perineum and sit bones as you breathe out and relax the entire body.
- Repeat this flow of breath with conscious movement through the chakras and engagement of the 3 bandhas, for 5-10 mins
Upward Facing Bow or Urdhva Dhanurasana
Opening the front of the body, in any heart opening asana will help to stimulate the nervous system and create an open channel for sexual energy.
Bow pose can also help to release tight hip flexors, which is said to make orgasms more intense!
Wide-Legged Forward Fold or Prasarita Padottanasana C
Open the hips and the shoulders where we hold most of our stress. Align the hips over the ankles, soften the knees if necessary and keep your tailbone lifted. Think of reaching long with the spine and then slowly bring your arms over, making sure your hands are fully clasped together and not open. This engages the muscles in the shoulders safely and then you can relax into the pose feeling the shoulders and hips open.
Reclined bound angle or Half Lotus.
This is perhaps the most important one to do, if you’ve only time for one asana. As women we hold much of our tension in our hips. Especially emotional and sexual tension. Really allowing the body to relax in this asana creates a really strong flow of energy in the pelvic bowl, and tension slowly leaves this area, leaving you feeling free and soft.
Lay your hands on the crease between your upper thigh and pelvis, and feel the warmth from your hands melting into your hips.
Two new workshops coming soon –
- Balance your Hormones Naturally
- The Menopause – no need to pause your libido!
Please follow me to keep updated!