EARTH and WATER
Those with tendencies towards water and earth will be cool and stable with lustrous hair, supple skin and a lower metabolism. These people are classified as having a predominantly kapha dosha.
- Heavy, lustrous hair
- Supple skin
- Low metabolism
- Large frame
- Steady personality
- Handles stress well
- Doesn’t like change- likes comfort
SIGNS OF IMBALANCE:
- Lack of motivation
- Depression and lethargy
- Weight gain
- Weak lungs & sinuses congested
- Prone to diabetes (non-insulin dependant)
- Excess Mucous
- Swollen puffy joints ( cool to touch not warm)
SOLUTIONS TO HELP REGAIN BALANCE
Try to engage in pursuits and lifestyle choices that offer the following traits:
Some examples include:
- Choose light, dry, warm foods e.g. cooked grains such as millet, buckwheat, quinoa and amaranth
- All legumes (pre-soaked and well cooked)
- Pungent, bitter vegetables eg. chillies, onions, garlic and bitter greens like kale and swiss chard.
- Eat main meal at lunchtime.
- Cook with hot spices such as cayenne pepper and clove.
- Lots of vegetables both cooked and raw
- Small amounts of nuts
- Avoid dairy or use moderately
- Choose competitive or aerobic based exercise